Thursday, May 13

Play them this tape

The Hold Steady are one of those bands whose CDs turn up on my shelf and I have little or no idea how they got there, but I still end up spending a few weeks falling in love with them. Separation Sunday came on my radar in this way a few years ago, and from Craig Finn's knowingly-cool opening line to the album; "She says always remember never to trust me" to the now-familiar blend of ideas that works because it only just works, it's a record that has stood, and will continue to stand, the test of being lost in a pile of other CDs in many a messy bedroom.
Hornets! Hornets! is the song that finds its way onto my hi-fi when I don't have time to listen to the whole album.

LISTEN: The Hold Steady – Hornets! Hornets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive